I would like to see this as a Windows Store app...

An app for my windows tablet that alerts me on my tablet when i have a call or missed call on my phone.

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    rheinalltrheinallt shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

14 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • KerryKerry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to respond to messages from notification center fixed.

• ROY BELLOROY BELLO commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

An App to see calls and messages and reply to them right on the Desktop is a welcome advantage.

• CurtisCurtis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

able to see previous messages from within messaging on the pc would be an great add-on to this.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

an update to be able to respond from the pc would be nice as well. as well as sending messaging with no new notifications. a native messaging app that is connected to the phone

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It doesn't notify you when you're getting a call, only when you have MISSED a call... Real-time call notifications would be great, and eventually, answering from your PC would be best!

• Scott McClellanScott McClellan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am receiving my notifications and texts through Cortana onto my Surface Book, however, it only pops up for 2 seconds, and 50% of the time I don't get down to it in time to reply to the text... can you create an option in settings or something to extend that to 15-20 seconds, and of course that way we have the option to click dismiss or reply, and THEN it disappears... thanks so much.

• DaveDave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature needs to be significantly enhanced. While I used to be able to reply, to a text, the last update deleted that capability.
        How about a message app to basically duplicate what is on the phone?
        Dave

• AaronAaron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Cortana already allows you to compose a text message (Try typing or saying, "Send a text") and, with the anniversary update, you can reply to text messages directly from your Action Center. These will work in conjunction with your phone natively if you happen to have Windows 10, but you can install Cortana on your Android or iPhone and get the same functionality. While those features don't quite provide the all-in-one solution you're looking for, if you happen to have a Windows phone, you're in-luck. The "Messaging" app, already bundled with Windows, provides you with the same messaging view you'd have from your phone - you can read texts, reply or compose. You can even add attachments and use emoticons. However, the Messaging app only works with Windows Phone devices. While installing Cortana on Android devices or iPhones enables the other features (texts and replies in the action center, Cortana composition on your tablet or PC), it unfortunately doesn't enable the features within the Messaging app. --- Alas; I just decided to hop over to the Windows Store to see if any SMS apps were available to provide you with a suggestion and, what do I see? mysms. It's been available since March!

• JamesJames commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i like that this is native, but can we have something we can compose and send messages with? something similar to what mysms does?

Feedback and Knowledge Base